HOW TO MAKE DOMINICAN STYLE EMPANADAS RECIPE
The Empanada, great for parties yes, and I bet the picture on the left is making your mouth water.
That’s no stock photo, that the actual final product we ended up with after much work after following this guarded Dominican recipe. Trust us, the frozen empanada days will be long behind you after you take the time to make this journey with us into a bliss unlike any other bliss you have ever imagined. We have you covered if you want it to be beef empanadas, or chicken empanadas.
BEEF EMPANADAS TUTORIAL VIDEO:
BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE
2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoon oregano
5-7 hard boiled eggs
6-8 cloves garlic (blended or chopped extra fine)
2 medium white onion (chopped fine)
1 small green pepper (chopped extra fine or blended)
1 (8 oz) cup tomato sauce
4 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
20-25 green olives (pitted)
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for sautaing
2 Badia Sazon Tropical Seasoning
1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins (Optional)
1 beef stock cube crushed to dust
- place the chopped up potatoes and raisins in a medium sized pot covered in water and bring water to a boil, let boild for 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Midway trough add the 5-7 whole eggs to boil and ass more water if needed.
- Chop the 2 onions finely, and chop the olives finely, and add to large skillet with olive oil and saute in medium heat, at the same time chop garlic cloves and green peepers as small as you can get them then place on blender and blend both together, add mix to onions and saute until onions are soft and translucent.
- To the onion mix, after they are ready, add the 2 pounds of ground beef and mix in with onion, garlic and pepper mix. once mixed, add oregano, salt and pepper, beef stock cube, tomatoe sauce, and badia seasoning mix to the meat and mix again until spread evenly.
- add a cup of water and bring it to a boil, then lower heat and let meat cook.
- once meat is brown, add mixture of potatoes, raisins and chopped eggs and mix until distributed evenly..
- let the mixture cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated and taste mix to make any final adjustments to season/salt content.
- when finished cooking, use filling for empanadas or serve with rice as a meal.
CHICKEN EMPANADA RECIPE
2 table spoons vegetable oil
1 Medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper (chopped)
1/2 green pepper (blended with 3 garlic cloves)
1 packet Badia sazon
1.5 tablespoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup green olives, sliced
3 chili peppers chopped (optional)
4 cups water
4 chicken bullion cubes
1 – 1.5 pounds of chicken
2. limes (to taste)