HOW TO MAKE DOMINICAN STYLE EMPANADA RECIPE
The Empanada, great party yes, and I bet the picture below is making your mouth water.
That’s no stock photo, that the actual final product we ended up with after much work after following this guarded Dominican recipe. Trust us, the frozen empanada days will be long behind you after you take the time to make this journey with us into a bliss unlike any other bliss you have ever imagined. We have you covered if you want it to be beef empanadas, or chicken empanadas.
BEEF EMPANADA RECIPE
2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoon oregano5-7 hard boiled eggs6-8 cloves garlic (blended or chopped extra fine)2 medium white onion (chopped fine)1 small green pepper (chopped extra fine or blended)1 (8 oz) cup tomato sauce4 small potatoes (peeled and diced)20-25 green olives (pitted)salt and pepper to tasteolive oil for sautaing2 Badia Sazon Tropical Seasoning1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins (Optional)1 beef stock cube crushed to dust
1. place the chopped up potatoes and raisins in a medium sized pot covered in water and bring water to a boil, let boild for 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Midway trough add the 5-7 whole eggs to boil and ass more water if needed.
2. Chop the 2 onions finely, and chop the olives finely, and add to large skillet with olive oil and saute in medium heat, at the same time chop garlic cloves and green peepers as small as you can get them then place on blender and blend both together, add mix to onions and saute until onions are soft and translucent.
3. To the onion mix, after they are ready, add the 2 pounds of ground beef and mix in with onion, garlic and pepper mix. once mixed, add oregano, salt and pepper, beef stock cube, tomatoe sauce, and badia seasoning mix to the meat and mix again until spread evenly.
4. add a cup of water and bring it to a boil, then lower heat and let meat cook.
5. once meat is brown, add mixture of potatoes, raisins and chopped eggs and mix until distributed evenly..6. let the mixture cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated and taste mix to make any final adjustments to season/salt content.7. when finished cooking, use filling for empanadas or serve with rice as a meal.
BEEF EMPANADA TUTORIAL VIDEO:
CHICKEN EMPANADA RECIPE
2 table spoons vegetable oil1 Medium onion, chopped1/2 green pepper (chopped)1/2 green pepper (blended with 3 garlic cloves)1 packet Badia sazon1.5 tablespoons sugarsalt and pepper to taste3 hard boiled eggs, chopped1/2 cup green olives, sliced3 chili peppers chopped (optional)4 cups water4 chicken bullion cubes1 – 1.5 pounds of chicken
2. limes (to taste)